The ICMC Philippines Common Body of Knowledge (CBOK) contains the essential information on the management consulting profession, mastery over which is required for success in the profession.
Professionalism and Ethics
- Professional attitude and behaviour
- Code of ethical conduct
- A brief history and evolution
- Multiple roles of management consultants
- National and international structure of the profession
- Current and future trends in management consulting
The consulting process
- Engagement management
- Prospecting and marketing Clarifying needs
- Proposal development
- Execution/ implementation
- Learning from consulting engagements
Interacting with clients
- Establishing the relationship
- Understanding the client
- Recognizing a client need?
- Selecting the method of intervention?
- Dealing with client
- Dealing with client culture
- Managing conflict
- Maintaining the relationship